Brune Mortuary About Us Brune Mortuary was established by G.L. Albright and Sons Undertaking in 1937. Mr. E.T.(Dewey) Albright purchased the Episcopal Church which was built in 1922. This location served as the local mortuary and as the Church until 1951. Mr. Albright remodeled the Church by converting the large auditorium into the Chapel and added office spaces. Another extensive remodeling project occurred under the direction of Don Talmage Chapel in 1965. The present owners, Leon and Donna Brune, arrived here in 1967 and began purchasing an interest in the mortuary in 1973. Leon not only serves as the local undertaker, but as the Inyo County Coroner, a position he has held since 1980. Many construction projects have taken place over the years to better serve the community. In 2008, the Brune's established Mt. Whitney Funeral Home in Lone Pine. In January of 1918, Albright & Sons purchased an automobile hearse to replace their horse-drawn coach. In June of 1922, St. Paul's Guild Hall was completed at 325 W. Elm Street and provided a place for the Episcopalians to hold services. In May of 1937, E.T. (Dewey) Albright began construction of a thoroughly modern mortuary in the old Episcpal church building that he purchased. The construction included the Chapel and additional rooms. The construction was complete and dedicated in July 1937 as the Albright Memorial Chapel, named for pioneer undertaker George L. Albright. The music was provided by a new Hammond organ which tones are produced by an electronically driven mechanism.

Brune Mortuary © 2017   License #FD-192

Website Design & Hosting by: The Jaspen Corporation © 1999 - 2017